|Location:||West Point, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Site:||Keller Army Community Hospital|
|Description:||Looking for an exciting new career? Join our team! The Geneva Foundation is a non-profit organization which promotes and supports military medicine. The Foundation has built relationships with highly skilled, exceptionally motivated, world-recognized researchers and medical professionals and hires top-quality staff. By joining The Geneva Foundation, you will have an exciting and stimulating career in which you will advance, “The Future of Military Medicine. Today.” |
The Laboratory Technician will assist with the preparation and analysis of serum samples and will be responsible for aliquot and frozen storage of serum samples, preparation of ELISA kits, data entry and other research/administrative tasks as requested by the Principal Investigator.
This study will evaluate acute changes in biomarkers of cartilage turnover and joint metabolism following traumatic knee joint injury and surgical reconstruction to better understand the impact of acute joint injury and whether these biomarkers can be used to detect people at risk for subsequent injury and early onset of PTOA (post traumatic osteoarthritis).
This position will begin at 32 hours per week and will increase to 40 hours in September 2013.
|Duties:||- Provide technical knowledge and expertise in clinical laboratory analysis.|
- Write referenced clinical treatment briefs using Government provided methodologies and formats
- Perform preliminary research, information gathering, and information packaging in preparation for the Clinical Panels, as needed
- Assist the production team with data input
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise in clinical laboratory analysis with expert-guided recommendations for required tasks, length of tasks, responsible treaters, essential characteristics and material assignments
- Adheres to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), International Air Transportation Association (IATA) Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and infection control procedures
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing basic study related procedures as required
- Execution and maintenance of research study
- Manage study documentation to include accurate and timely filing
- Collection of data and data entry
- Perform bioassays of tissue culture and rodent tissues, when applicable to protocol
|Qualifications:||- Bachelors degree in Chemistry or equivalent work experience required|
- 1-3 years of experience in biomedical or research laboratory preferred
- Non-profit, research, or healthcare experience desired
- Computer skills including at least intermediate level experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office Software
- Strong data management and processing skills
- Knowledge of Military Operational Planning, the Military Health System and the Military Medical Logistics System preferred
- Experience in performing complex chemical, biological, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and bacteriological tests desired
- Familiarity with medical terminology and abbreviations
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.